Job Summary: Responsible for assisting in the day-to-day operations of the Child Development Center. This includes maintaining the overall health, safety and growth of children enrolled and reflecting the Jeremiah Program’s mission, values, vision, and purpose. The CDC Assistant Manager will be responsible for providing support as needed to classrooms ranging in age from infants through the first day of kindergarten. In addition, the CDC Assistant Manager will collaborate with the CDC Manager and Director of Coordinated Family Services to ensure quality control of CDC finances.
- In conjunction with CDC Manager, act as a support for families and staff in the CDC.
- Collaborate with the CDC Manager regarding hiring, training, evaluation, and supervision of center staff (approximately 11 staff).
- Collaborate with the CDC Manager to maintain all state licensing requirements and Quality Rating System accreditation standards.
- Support classroom implementation of Creative Curriculum, assessments, and outcome reporting for both internal and external purposes.
- Assist with maintaining child development center enrollment.
- Provide and promote healthy boundaries and confidentiality at all times; model professionalism to families, volunteers, and staff.
- Act as support in classrooms (i.e. covering when staff is out, naptime and meeting coverage, etc.).
- Act as staff lead (along with CDC Center Manager) during a time of crisis/emergency or absence of a center manager.
- Assist in de-escalating stressful situations between parents, staff, and volunteers.
- Work with teachers and CDC Manager to maintain accurate and complete files for children as required by DHS (emergency cards, field trip permission slips, conference forms, attendance, CACFP, accident/injury reports, etc.).
- Maintain order within classrooms, hallways, storage areas, changing rooms, indoor/outdoor play areas, etc. so they are attractive, sanitary, orderly, and in compliance with licensing and health codes.
- Provide and promote confidentiality and positive rapport with parents at all times.
- Monitor children/center progress toward designated program outcomes and standards.
- Coordinate and center log fire/tornado drills.
- Collect and maintain incident report log binder; notify CDC Manager of any patterns or identified safety concerns regarding equipment or classroom environment.
- Collect and maintain attendance log binder.
- Track and maintain immunization record needs for enrolled children.
- Inventory management of classroom and center supplies.
- In conjunction with CDC Manager, check payment box, record payments and pass on for deposit.
- In conjunction with CDC Manager, manage ProCare system entry for payments and charges.
- Run account statements for parents
- Quarterly CACFP Meal Monitoring Visits
- Follow-up on CACFP Corrective Action Plan with meal service staff
- Monitor CACFP/HIS forms
- Monitor and complete staff CACFP training
- Verify and process monthly CACFP claim reports
- Work with CDC team to gather and complete CACFP renewal application (annually)
Other duties as assigned
- All Jeremiah Program employees have mandated reporters and are legally required to report any suspected or observed child abuse or neglect.
- Associates Degree with 4-5 years’ experience in the field of early childhood education or a Bachelor’s Degree with 3-4 years of experience.
- Meet and maintain DHS licensing requirements as a Lead 3 teacher.
- CPR and First Aid certified (or willingness to acquire within 30 days of start date).
- Ability to manage a crisis, problem solve, multi-task, complete work on time and work independently.
- Working knowledge of childcare billing processes and systems (ProCare Systems experience a plus).
- Experience with USDA and other funding applications and other internal and external reporting.
- Attention to detail, ability to set/manage various priorities, meet deadlines, and support center as needed.
- Proficiency in computer skills (i.e. Microsoft Office, SharePoint).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with diverse populations.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Shift: 9 am – 6 pm Monday – Friday
- Nonprofit experience a plus.
- Passion for the Jeremiah Program mission and values
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please complete the application process for the position on our Online Portal