ABOUT JEREMIAH PROGRAM
Jeremiah Program (JP) is a nonprofit organization helping single mothers invest in themselves so they can thrive and take steps towards economic mobility by helping them access higher education, affordable childcare, housing, skills training and career development. JP envisions a world where poverty is no longer feminized; where race is not divorced from gender; where career and financial opportunities are not gentrified; and where women who experience poverty not only hold a seat at the table but hold the mic and curate the agenda.
Jeremiah Program offers one of the nation’s most successful strategies for disrupting poverty, two generations at a time. At JP, we believe that no mother should have to make the untenable choice between investing in herself or supporting her children. Our holistic approach invites single mothers into the leadership tent and encourages families to bring all of their identities to bear in achieving their goals in pursuit of economic mobility.
Founded in 1993, this year JP is supporting over 1,000 moms and kids across nine residential and non-residential campuses: Austin, Baltimore, Boston, Brooklyn, Fargo, Las Vegas, Minneapolis, St. Paul, and Rochester. Learn more about JP and our work here.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for the daily management and organization of the campus office as well as assisting with coordination and planning of projects and events. This position provides overall support to the Executive Director.
- Support ED in scheduling appointments/meetings and managing calendar
- Ensure ED has necessary support materials for meetings and appointments
- Create written communications for staff, board, committees, donors and other constituents
- Work in conjunction with Development staff on ED portfolio contacts
- Assist with higher-level projects and special assignments as directed by the Executive Director
- Interface with the community by fielding and responding to incoming phone calls and emails
- Maintain contact information for all Jeremiah Program Campus constituents in Raiser’s Edge
- Maintain customer confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential
- Supervise volunteers as assigned.
- Assist with higher-level projects and special assignments as directed by the Executive.
- Conduct subject research as requested.
- Assemble materials, and synthesize documents as necessary to complete special reports or assignments.
- Assist with social networking i.e. – Facebook, blog, and Twitter development.
- Assist with event registrations and surveys i.e. – EventBrite, Survey Monkey.
- Communicate positively and respectfully with staff, board, volunteers, and participants
- Participate in staff meetings by providing input to ensure quality programming and service delivery
- Leverage volunteers and interns to increase organizational capacity within Administration
- In a team environment, interact with management, program participants, and volunteers to improve service delivery and further the development of the participants.
- Maintain professional conduct at all times and contribute to the inclusiveness and safe learning environment of Jeremiah Program, in conjunction with the mission.
- Associates degree in administration preferred.
- Minimum 2+ years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Excellent written and oral communication and organizational skills demonstrate the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Strong attention to detail, with a commitment to high-quality work.
- Ability to interface with both office staff and committee/board chairs in a manner that reflects the core values of the Jeremiah Program.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to handle fast-paced situations and problem solve.
- Knowledgeable of community resources.
SALARY & BENEFITS
Compensation for this role is set at an hourly rate starting at $19.00 per hour commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications and in alignment with internal equity. Additionally, we offer supplemental benefits and paid time off.