ABOUT JEREMIAH PROGRAM
Jeremiah Program (JP) is a nonprofit organization helping single mothers invest in themselves so they can thrive and take steps towards economic mobility by helping them access higher education, affordable childcare, housing, skills training and career development. JP envisions a world where poverty is no longer feminized; where race is not divorced from gender; where career and financial opportunities are not gentrified; and where women who experience poverty not only hold a seat at the table but hold the mic and curate the agenda.
Jeremiah Program offers one of the nation’s most successful strategies for disrupting poverty, two generations at a time. At JP, we believe that no mother should have to make the untenable choice between investing in herself or supporting her children. Our holistic approach invites single mothers into the leadership tent and encourages families to bring all of their identities to bear in achieving their goals in pursuit of economic mobility.
Founded in 1993, this year JP is supporting over 1,000 moms and kids across nine residential and non-residential campuses: Austin, Baltimore, Boston, Brooklyn, Fargo, Las Vegas, Minneapolis, St. Paul, and Rochester. Learn more about JP and our work here.
The Development Associate will work with the Director of Development and MSP campus leadership to create and implement development strategies that grow individual giving and expand the new donor base. These efforts include cultivating donors (particularly individual donors), organizing fundraising events, managing the donor database, tracking, and evaluating fundraising events to successfully drive toward key outcomes in service of our families.
This is an excellent opportunity for a highly organized, motivated, and independent individual who can maximize social media as a strategic lever to increase fundraising outcomes. You will have great opportunities to build your fundraising career at a national organization focused on disrupting generational poverty.
- Ensure donor gifts are acknowledged in a timely manner
- Produce regular fundraising data reports to Campus Support Team (CST) and campus teams
- Routinely examine, clean, and optimize data records and processes to ensure accuracy to eliminate duplicate records, inconsistent data, to maintain overall CRM database integrity and accuracy of data imported into the database
- Utilize Razor’s Edge to assist in the prospecting, cultivating and solicitation of donors effectively and efficiently
- Manage and maintain relationships with development vendors
- Create JP MSP marketing collateral/materials for events and general use
- Maximize social media to support the organization’s fundraising strategy
- Assist with campus fundraising events
- Assist with team project management and research, as requested
- Facilitate campus coordination of development plans and activities
- The Development Associate is committed to during whatever is needed to ensure the team can perform at the highest level possible
- Additional duties, as assigned
Highly Organized: You can manage across multiple work streams and functions, keeping deadlines and managing complexity by simplifying solutions, systems, and processes with clarity and attention to detail. You can efficiently meet deadlines.
Experience with Events: You have sourced venues, managed supplies, shared thought leadership regarding events management, can review and manage risk to ensure events are successful and can complete post event analysis for lessons learned and best practices.
Collaborator: You have excellent coordination and relational skills and have experience working across an enterprise with distinct geographies. You are an exceptional communicator, have strong verbal and written communication skills and are meticulous about details and follow up.
Strong Social Media Expertise: You can exploit social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, emails etc., to support the organization’s fundraising strategy.
Experience Managing Campaigns: You have direct fundraising experience managing campaigns and can demonstrate growth over time. You have experience managing data and can analyze and strategize on information to inform a recommended approach.
Aligned to JP’s Mission: You have enthusiasm, familiarity and demonstrated alignment with Jeremiah’s Program (JP) and are committed to building/deepening your commitment to social and racial justice. You are steadfast in your support of JP’s long-term sustainability and are committed to a career with impact.
A competitive applicant will possess a deep commitment to the understanding of current housing, education, early childhood, and all social justice issues intersecting with poverty. Applicants should have prior experience working within a structured and effective development department and bring an entrepreneurial approach both to their career path and development work.
- Bachelor’s Degree (strongly preferred) or five (5) years of relevant work experience
- At least three (3) years of professional/progressive work experience, preferably on a development team
- 2+ years of experience using social media applications
- 2+ years of fundraising/facilitating campaigns experience
- 2+ years of data analytics experience
- 2+ years of experience with data entry skills—preferably with Raiser’s Edge
- Strong project management skills
- Experience working on a diverse team
- A deep passion and broad understanding of current housing, education, early childhood, and all social justice issues intersecting with poverty
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
SALARY & BENEFITS:
Salaries for people entering this role typically fall between $31,500 and $39,500 commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications and in alignment with internal equity. Additionally, we offer medical, dental, vision, and supplemental benefits as well as retirement plans and a generous vacation package.