ABOUT JEREMIAH PROGRAM
Jeremiah Program (JP) is a nonprofit organization helping single mothers invest in themselves so they can thrive and take steps towards economic mobility by helping them access higher education, affordable childcare, housing, skills training and career development. JP envisions a world where poverty is no longer feminized; where race is not divorced from gender; where career and financial opportunities are not gentrified; and where women who experience poverty not only hold a seat at the table but hold the mic and curate the agenda.
Jeremiah Program offers one of the nation’s most successful strategies for disrupting poverty, two generations at a time. At JP, we believe that no mother should have to make the untenable choice between investing in herself or supporting her children. Our holistic approach invites single mothers into the leadership tent and encourages families to bring all of their identities to bear in achieving their goals in pursuit of economic mobility.
Founded in 1993, this year JP is supporting over 1,000 moms and kids across nine residential and non-residential campuses: Austin, Baltimore, Boston, Brooklyn, Fargo, Las Vegas, Minneapolis, St. Paul, and Rochester. Learn more about JP and our work here.
The Digital and Marketing Strategist is a newly created position that will provide the right candidate with opportunity to develop a dynamic, national online presence for an innovative social justice organization disrupting poverty for single mothers. Reporting to the communications and marketing director, the successful digital strategist will be responsible for managing JP’s online voice through content development, publishing and marketing across digital platforms, social media outlets, blogs and email channels. The Digital and Marketing Strategist will also contribute to the expansion of the JP audience and extend JP influence by growing the JP’s digital presence, identifying opportunities to join conversations, establishing connections with key influencers, and driving engagement. The candidate must have progressive demonstrated digital experience working on issues of social justice. This position is part of the Campus Support Team (National Office) but can be based in any Jeremiah Program community.
- Develops and updates content on JP websites, email and other digital platforms;
- Creates content and maintains a consistent presence across all social media channels;
- Thorough understanding of content marketing;
- Identifies larger online conversation trends and engagement opportunities;
- Drives engagement through content, dialogue, and answering questions where appropriate
- Assists in formulating a comprehensive digital strategy that is integrated with JP’s larger communications and fundraising strategies;
- Project manages digital initiatives and works with vendors;
- Measures and tests the impact of all digital communications; and,
- Collaborates with organization stakeholders to increase social media and email engagement at community campuses
- Experience with content management systems, WordPress highly desired;
- Knowledge of web programming languages (HTML, CSS);
- Understanding of UX and site visitor movements;
- Ability to interact with site vendors;
- Experience with Google, social media, SEO and other analytics platforms;
- Familiarity with standard multimedia production applications; and,
- Fluency with office applications such as Microsoft outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience managing out-sourced developers and consultants
- Experience managing projects in a fast-paced environment
- 5 years of professional experience working in a digital/social media capacity
- Complete proficiency with digital media practices, tools and platforms and social media;
- A keen understanding of how digital strategies are applied to public relations and engagement;
- Positive, energetic, personable, and respectful of others;
- Ability to keep calm in stressful situations;
- Strong passion for social justice and fostering social change; and
- Experience working for a nonprofit, political campaign or social action campaign.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
Salaries for people entering this role are commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications and in alignment with internal equity. Additionally, we offer medical, dental, vision, and supplemental benefits as well as retirement plans and a generous vacation package.