About Jeremiah Program
Jeremiah Program offers one of the nation’s most successful strategies for ending the cycle of poverty for single mothers and their children, two generations at a time. Two-generation — or 2Gen — programs uniquely focus on the whole family and achieve long-term, sustainable results. The approach has been proven to achieve significant educational, health and economic benefits for parents, children and communities.
Jeremiah Program is expanding throughout the country to meet the growing demand for its model. The organization has locations in Minneapolis, MN, St. Paul, MN, Austin, TX, and Fargo, ND, Rochester-SE, MN, Boston, MA, and Brooklyn, MN, and our national office is in Minneapolis. Learn more about our work here.
It is the Cook’s responsibility to receive and prepare breakfast, lunch and snacks using methods that maintain high nutrient levels and meet the Child and Adult Care Food Program Standards every Monday-Friday. It is also the Cook’s duty to deliver meals to the classroom ready for family style meal service and suitable for the children’s age and development. The Cook orders and purchases all foods and necessary supplies, as well as, keeps records required by the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP). The cook also involves reconciling monthly credit card purchases each month. This position involves organization, problem solving, record keeping, and time management.
- Maintain positive interactions with staff, children, and families of the Child Development Center
- Follow all policies as designated by Child and Adult Care Food Program with applicable federal and state regulations
- Ensure children have access to healthy, balanced meals and snacks throughout the day.
- Prepare the food served to the children in accordance with the meal patterns required by the childcare food program
- Follow the menus that have been developed and notify the director of any deviation from the posted menu
- Wash, rinse and sanitize dishes and pots/ pans and replace on shelves
- Work with the director to order monthly food items
- Pull all back dated food items forward upon the arrival of new food order and put new food on shelves and in containers
- Wear a hair net at all times
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness in accordance with the standards set by the division of environmental health
- Perform cleaning duties including scour sinks, straighten and wipe out refrigerator, wipe down stove and fan, empty garbage after lunch and at the end of the day, sweep and mop kitchen floor, dust shelves in kitchen
- Assist with preparing all paperwork required by the food program including meal counts and production records
- Willing to do other duties as assigned
Jeremiah Program is committed to the recruitment, selection, development and promotion of employees based on individual merit. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or disability.
We offer competitive compensation, including employer-paid health and dental, life and disability insurance and generous time off.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online. Please upload a current resume and thoughtful cover letter articulating your interest and fit for the role, including compensation requirements.