The Data and Evaluation Specialist provides support to all Jeremiah Program communities and is responsible for the evaluation of program data across the organization. This position is responsible for data analytics through effective data management, report generation, and data manipulation. They will help staff understand program data by serving as a resource. They will also provide program technical assistance for communities. This role executes data and evaluation tasks in a manner which reflects the mission, vision, and values of Jeremiah Program.
- Communicates data design and identified metrics to staff
- Leverages Measurement Framework to identify gaps and opportunities in data collection
- Provides database technical assistance to users
- Maintains data collection tools in alignment with the measurement framework and organizational values
- Uses the organization’s data collection plan to collect qualitative and quantitative participant data
- Ensures database systems, tools and software are operating efficiently across the organization
- Provides ongoing data collection training and support to site staff
- Evaluates participant outcomes as identified on Measurement Framework
- Uses report functions in database systems, spreadsheets, and advanced statistical software to identify patterns, dips, and connections within the dataset
- Supports consistent program evaluation in all communities
- Maintains the integrity and security of data and database system
Coordination of Evaluation Efforts
- Communicates with external partners to ensure impact evaluation is done with fidelity and in alignment with organizational values
- Follows the Institutional Review Board (IRB) research standards to protect the rights and welfare of human research subjects to participate in research activities
- Communicates evaluation updates, progress, and follow ups to staff
- Works with external partners to implement data collection tools and reporting in alignment with evaluation efforts
- Responds to requests about data
- General office duties such as email and phone correspondence, photocopying, and filing.
- Participate in staff meetings, workshops, conferences, and classes.
Other Duties as Assigned
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time (40+ hours/week) position, and work days are typically Monday through Friday. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- BA/BS; preferably in Program Evaluation, Information Technology, Computer Science, Economics, Statistics, or related field.
- 2+ years data evaluation experience
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- High level of honesty, integrity, accountability and professionalism.
- Desire to work in a collaborative environment and provide a high level of customer service.
- Ability to positively partner with employees at all levels and external partners.
- Demonstrated IT proficiency with computer applications and data systems
- Database oversight experience including data entry and knowledge of data fidelity best practices.
- Proven ability to problem-solve, multitask, work independently, and meet deadlines with a discerning eye for detail.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
- Passion for the Jeremiah Program mission and values.
Jeremiah Program is committed to the recruitment, selection, development, and promotion of employees based on individual merit. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.
Please complete the application process for the position on our Online Portal