(full-time equivalent), Exempt Position
Reports To: Executive Director
Jeremiah Program New York is seeking a full-time Development Manager who is responsible for actively supporting the fundraising and communications activities of Jeremiah Program New York.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Development Manager is responsible for actively supporting the fundraising and communications activities of Jeremiah Program New York. The Development Manager works closely with the Executive Director and the Community Board of Trustees (Community BOT) to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward gifts in support of the Jeremiah Program’s mission. The Development Manager also partners with and is supported by the National Office in Minneapolis to coordinate fundraising efforts in New York. This includes but is not limited to assisting in the annual appeal, major gift solicitation, grant writing, and planning events. An additional role is the development of effective, targeted communications to all stakeholder groups, continually seeking to inform and inspire.
The Development Manager will work to continually raise the visibility of the organization in the community through public relations, including but not limited to email communications, website and social media.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Fundraising: Help strategize and organize methods of approach to individual and institutional donors. In partnership with the National Office, research public and private grant sources (agencies, corporations, foundations, and individuals) to identify sources of funding.
* Grant Writing: In partnership with the National Office, this position will coordinate proposals and reports for federal, state, city government RFP’s as well as private foundation and corporate funding opportunities.
* Major Gift/Donor Support: Produce major donor, Community BOT members, and individual solicitations/support materials. Cultivate donors by producing specialized correspondences, preparing letters of acknowledgment, and scheduling and attending in-person site visits, in partnership with National Office resources.
* Database and Records Management: Responsible for maintaining Jeremiah Program New York’s records of contributors and prospects in Raiser’s Edge. Generate reports and analysis of efforts as needed.
* Communications & Public Relations: Oversee and implement the creation of various communications such as the annual report, general boilerplate content, general PowerPoint presentations, manage government relations, executive correspondences and speeches. Prepare press releases, with the approval of the Executive Director. Regular email communication to donors and potential donors.
* Community Board of Trustees: Manage preparation of materials for quarterly Community BOT meetings
* Minimum of 5 years of nonprofit fundraising/development experience
* Bachelor’s degree
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent research, organizational and communications skills with demonstrated ability to write clearly and persuasively
* Experience and comfort working with senior level executives and Board of Directors
* High energy, positive, “can-do” attitude, flexibility, teamwork, and attention to detail; high degree of initiative-taking
* Demonstrated ability to prospect, cultivate, and manage new funders
* Strong partnership-building and event planning skills
* Thorough understanding of all components of a diversified funding base
* Strong computer skills and proficient with Raisers Edge a plus