Jeremiah Program offers one of the nation’s most successful strategies for ending the cycle of poverty for single mothers and their children, two generations at a time. Two-generation — or 2Gen — programs uniquely focus on the whole family and achieve long-term, sustainable results. The approach has been proven to achieve significant educational, health and economic benefits for parents, children and communities.
Jeremiah Program is expanding throughout the country to meet the growing demand for its model. The organization has campuses in Minneapolis and St. Paul, MN, Austin, TX, and Fargo, ND and our national office is in Minneapolis. Construction has begun on a campus in Rochester-SE, MN, set to open summer 2020. In Boston and Brooklyn, Jeremiah has introduced an innovative non-residential model, working with leading organizations to serve mothers and children. Learn more here.
JP’s 2020 budget is $15M and supports a staff of 105 nationally. There is a national governing board of directors, as well as a community board of trustees in each city, actively supporting Executive Directors in driving toward their annual CEO approved goals.
The Digital and Marketing Strategist is a newly created position that will provide the right candidate with opportunity to develop a dynamic, national online presence for an innovative social justice organization disrupting poverty for single mothers. Reporting to the communications and marketing director, the successful digital strategist will be responsible for managing JP’s online voice through content development, publishing and marketing across digital platforms, social media outlets, blogs and email channels. The Digital and Marketing Strategist will also contribute to the expansion of the JP audience and extend JP influence by growing the JP’s digital presence, identifying opportunities to join conversations, establishing connections with key influencers, and driving engagement. The candidate must have progressive demonstrated digital experience working on issues of social justice. This position is part of the Campus Support Team (National Office) but can be based in any Jeremiah Program community.
Primary Job Functions
- Develops and updates content on JP websites, email and other digital platforms;
- Creates content and maintains a consistent presence across all social media channels;
- Thorough understanding of content marketing;
- Identifies larger online conversation trends and engagement opportunities;
- Drives engagement through content, dialogue, and answering questions where appropriate;
- Assists in formulating a comprehensive digital strategy that is integrated with JP’s larger communications and fundraising strategies;
- Project manages digital initiatives and works with vendors;
- Measures and tests the impact of all digital communications; and,
- Collaborates with organization stakeholders to increase social media and email engagement at community campuses
- Experience with content management systems, WordPress highly desired;
- Knowledge of web programming languages (HTML, CSS);
- Understanding of UX and site visitor movements;
- Ability to interact with site vendors;
- Experience with Google, social media, SEO and other analytics platforms;
- Familiarity with standard multimedia production applications; and,
- Fluency with office applications such as Microsoft outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience managing outsourced developers and consultants
- Experience managing projects in a fast-paced environment
- 5 years of professional experience working in a digital/social media capacity
- Complete proficiency with digital media practices, tools and platforms and social media;
- A keen understanding of how digital strategies are applied to public relations and engagement;
- Positive, energetic, personable, and respectful of others;
- Ability to keep calm in stressful situations;
- Strong passion for social justice and fostering social change; and
- Experience working for a nonprofit, political campaign or social action
HOW TO APPLY
Jeremiah Program is committed to the recruitment, selection, development and promotion of employees based on individual merit. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or disability.
We offer competitive compensation including employer-paid health and dental, life and disability insurance and generous time off.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online. Please upload a current resume and thoughtful cover letter articulating your interest and fit for the role, including compensation requirements.