About Jeremiah Program: Jeremiah Program offers one of the nation’s most successful strategies for disrupting the cycle of Poverty for single mothers and their children, two generations at a time. Two-generation — or 2Gen — programs uniquely focus on the whole family and achieve long-term, sustainable results. The approach has been proven to achieve significant educational, health, and economic benefits for parents, children, and communities.
Jeremiah Program is expanding throughout the country to meet the growing demand for its model. The organization currently has locations in Minneapolis, MN, St. Paul, MN, Austin, TX, and Fargo, ND, Rochester-SE, MN, Boston, MA, and Brooklyn, NY, and our national office is in Minneapolis. We will be expanding to additional geographies over the next several years. Learn more about our work here.
Job Summary: The Director of Family Recruitment is an unapologetic champion for JP’s two-generation mission and is driven to disrupt generational poverty by holding single mothers and their families at the center of holistic, integrated supports. The Director of Family Recruitment will be responsible for growing the number of families served by developing JP’s recruitment strategy, creatively and relentlessly executing a strategic marketing campaign, managing the experience for families from interest through enrollment and tracking the family pathways, participation and enrollment trends to continually refine JP’s approach for engaging with families. The Director of Family Recruitment will often serve as the first experience of JP for families and lead many of JP’s efforts to reframe the narrative around single mothers and their children – “You’re already a great mom. Become a JP mom too.”
Recruitment Strategy & Execution
- Leads, creates, manages, and directs JP-wide year-round recruitment strategy to meet JP-wide and community-specific recruitment goals.
- With an equity and human-centered lens, develops and manages JP-wide marketing and recruitment messaging and collateral, in collaboration with other JP leaders, to highlight unique value proposition and enrollment details, centering in the strength and power of JP moms and families.
- Incorporates programmatic vision, value, and offerings into the recruitment strategy and messaging that speaks to the experience of families, particularly as we expand off campus.
- Designs and implements a marketing strategy to build awareness for Jeremiah Program and effectively reach prospective families through a variety of channels, including JP website, print media, radio, social media, texts, and emails.
- Provides an excellent experience for families, often serving as the first impression and shaping the initial experience of JP families as they learn about and onboarding into the JP journey.
- Develops turnkey tools and resources collaboratively with campuses to be used locally for outreach to local partners and families and holding recruitment events.
- Oversees recruitment budget allocating dollars towards the most effective strategies and activities to reach and retain JP families from recruitment through graduation.
- Continuously analyzes the effectiveness of strategies to optimize investments and improve JP’s approach to engaging families.
Enrollment Experience Management
- Centers the design of the application and enrollment process in the high quality, high equity experience of families that will shape the long-term JP experience for families.
- Positive engages and welcomes families to the JP opportunity providing and modeling excellent customer services and professionalism.
- Develops, implements and oversees JP-wide process for applying, enrolling, and successfully onboarding new Jeremiah Program families.
- Ensures the efficient and effective processes, forms, systems, and communication of the holistic recruitment and enrollment process focused on the family experience.
- Works closely with JP programmatic leaders to ensure families are fully ready to being their JP experience at the start of JP’s Empowerment & Leadership course and to enroll in JP’s Child Development Centers.
- Partners with CFO to engage and support families applying for housing and to ensure an equitable, thoughtful and coordinated process to managing housing requests and waitlist process.
- Builds and manages CRM to monitor and track pipeline of families and build organized and effective process for engaging and communicating with families.
- Leverages data at all stages to report on attrition and persistence and to identify creative strategies to improve the yield of families at each stage of the recruitment, enrollment, and participation process.
Community and National Partner Engagement
- Creates and oversees partner engagement strategy in concert with local leaders to build and grow key partnerships such as postsecondary institutions and community-based organizations.
- Builds and maintains strong national partnership relationships with mission-aligned organizations supporting single-mom led households to achieve their academic, career, and leadership goals.
Expansion to New Communities
- Establishes community partnerships and relationships with local leaders in new JP communities in the initial stages of expansion prior and while the local team is identified and
- Contributes to setting family recruitment targets over the first few years in a new community and develops the strategies to achieve those goals.
- Supports the expansion to a new community as needed, serving as a utility player to successfully launch JP in new geographies.
Other Duties as Assigned
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Required Qualifications & Skills
- Believes unapologetically in the power of JP moms and families and as authors of their futures
- Bachelor’s degree (master’s preferred) in marketing, management, communications, or relevant field
- Minimum seven years of relevant experience, including five or more years in marketing, communications, recruitment, enrollment, admissions, customer service, or sales.
- Demonstrated passion for creating equitable systems and world-class educational and developmental experiences
- Self-starter with excellent organizational and project management skills and the ability to perform successfully in a fast-paced setting with quick turnarounds and competing priorities
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to draft concise, clear, and direct communications and prepare well-designed, strategic, and compelling presentations
- Customer service oriented with the ability to positively engage with a wide variety of stakeholders and individuals from an array of backgrounds and experiences
- Agile and resourceful problem solver who develops creative solutions to improve outcomes
- Collaborative and able to build and maintain productive internal and external relationships
- Results oriented, with strong data analysis to drive action planning
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools, CRM, and adept utilizing and implementing technology solutions
HOW TO APPLY
Jeremiah Program is committed to the recruitment, selection, development, and promotion of employees based on individual merit. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, nationality, age, or disability.
We offer competitive compensation including employer-paid health and dental, life and disability insurance, and generous time off.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online. Please upload a current resume and thoughtful cover letter articulating your interest and fit for the role, including compensation requirements.