About Jeremiah Program
Jeremiah Program offers one of the nation’s most successful strategies for disrupting the cycle of Poverty for single mothers and their children, two generations at a time. Two-generation — or 2Gen — programs uniquely focus on the whole family and achieve long-term, sustainable results. The approach has been proven to achieve significant educational, health, and economic benefits for parents, children, and communities.
Jeremiah Program is expanding throughout the country to meet the growing demand for its model. The organization currently has locations in Minneapolis, MN, St. Paul, MN, Austin, TX, and Fargo, ND, Rochester-SE, MN, Boston, MA, and Brooklyn, NY, and our national office is in Minneapolis. We will be expanding to additional geographies over the next several years. Learn more about our work here.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a growing non-profit organization with a great culture and a strong balance sheet, while also being able to make a positive impact! The Director of Finance is a member of the Leadership Team (LT) and plays a key role in translating our Jeremiah Program mission into reality. This position has overall responsibilities to include external and internal reporting and analysis, financial operations, treasury and cash management activities, policies and internal control practices, regulatory compliance and reporting, and financial analysis. The Director of Finance reports to the Chief Financial Officer and manages four full-time staff members (Finance Manager, Payroll Manager, Senior Accountant, and Staff Accountant).
- Lead the financial planning, analysis, and reporting processes for the organization
- Assess the financial impact of business decisions in partnership with business managers while developing financial analysis
- Build trusted partnerships with senior leaders and the finance team
- Integrate the long-term strategic business plans into the budget, forecast, and actual operations
- Ensure that financial objectives are met by working with budget managers on measuring and reporting out results, and providing insights, probable outcomes, risks, and opportunities
- Promote a team culture of collaboration, high performance, and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality
- Oversee the preparation of annual and multi-year budgets, along with consolidating financial statements for multiple legal entities
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships and service with our campus and central service environment
- Provide supervision over the financial accounting operations: G/L preparation, A/P, payroll, bank reconciliations, income recording, cash receipts and disbursements, credit card management
- Maintain banking relationships and provide cash flow, capital, investment analysis, and reporting
- Oversee the annual audit and serve as primary liaison with the independent auditors
- Work with outside accountants to prepare IRS form 990s annually
- Oversee the organization’s 403(b) retirement plan and annual audit
- Monitor investment portfolio for the organization
- Administer contracts with outside organizations and with vendors
- Develop a strong internal control environment, annually review financial policies and procedures, and maintain a continuous improvement environment
- Ensure compliance with GAAP, and regulatory requirements along with compliance with Federal and State regulations for funded capital construction and program projects
- Believes unapologetically in the power of JP moms and families and as authors of their futures
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and CPA or MBA
- 5+ years of financial leadership experience working across multiple financial areas: financial planning, investment, reporting, audit, and controls
- 5+ years of managing a professional finance staff
- Experience working in a national nonprofit organization with a budget in excess of $10 million
- Experience with complex accounting transactions related to owning multiple properties and working with property management companies
- Experience working in a multi-site national organization preferred
- Strong experience with financial systems such as Sage, Intacct, Workday Adaptive Insights, and Black Baud Financial Edge NXT
- Ability to communicate complex financial concepts to individuals at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work effectively and accurately under pressure, meet deadlines and manage competing priorities
- Inspiring and experienced leader, team-builder, and people manager; able to serve as a mentor and role model of excellence for staff and to ensure a culture of innovation, collaboration, and accountability
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills, with a passion for collaborating with people and teams based in various office locations and/or working remotely
- Ability to work effectively with and relate to diverse populations
- Passionate about the mission of the organization and understands the realities of the nonprofit sector
HOW TO APPLY
Jeremiah Program is committed to the recruitment, selection, development, and promotion of employees based on individual merit. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, nationality, age, or disability.
We offer competitive compensation including employer-paid health and dental, life and disability insurance, and generous time off.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online . Please upload a current resume and thoughtful cover letter articulating your interest and fit for the role, including compensation requirements.