Track 1 for single mothers begins Monday, February 27, and continues weekly for 12 weeks through Monday, May 22. The evening sessions begin with a provided meal at 5:30 pm, followed by the facilitated course from 6:00–8:00 pm. Childcare is provided free of charge. To participate, women must:
- Be a single mother age 18 or older
- Have children under the age of 5
- Be enrolled or intending to enroll in a 2- or 4-year college or university
- Have a strong level of determination
- Be committed to course attendance and participation
Track 2 for community partners runs February 27–May 22 and is open to both men and women. We invite participation by people who work with or are likely to refer single mothers, collaborate on services or volunteer with Jeremiah Program.
The empowerment training course is free of charge. Empowerment is based on the idea that the more a person regulates her state of mind, the more powerful she feels—and the more equipped she is to succeed in life. Empowerment training helps individuals develop important personal characteristics that can make the difference between merely getting a job and finding a rewarding, sustainable career.