About Jeremiah Program: Jeremiah Program offers one of the nation’s most successful strategies for disrupting the cycle of Poverty for single mothers and their children, two generations at a time. Two-generation — or 2Gen — programs uniquely focus on the whole family and achieve long-term, sustainable results. The approach has been proven to achieve significant educational, health, and economic benefits for parents, children, and communities.
Jeremiah Program is expanding throughout the country to meet the growing demand for its model. The organization currently has locations in Minneapolis, MN, St. Paul, MN, Austin, TX, and Fargo, ND, Rochester-SE, MN, Boston, MA, and Brooklyn, NY, and our national office is in Minneapolis. We will be expanding to additional geographies over the next several years. Learn more about our work here.
Job Summary: Responsible for coaching participants to achieve self-reliance, improved life skills, and empowerment. Responsibilities include: providing the primary source of support and encouragement, tracking the participants’ progress toward education and career goals, assisting with family goal setting, resource referral, crisis intervention, and collecting outcome data in collaboration with the Family Services Manager. The coach works directly with participants to monitor program partnerships and inspire the success of the family.
- Meet with families on a weekly or bi-weekly basis to develop goals and action steps.
- Provide support, resources, and guidance in areas such as education, career development, parenting, financial management, legal matters, personal health & wellness, chemical health, relationships, empowerment, et. al.
- Collaborate and strategize with participants on effectively partnering with outside supportive systems and agencies, such as educational institutions and county agencies.
- Maintain efficient, confidential and organized records; provide timely and appropriate case notes in Apricot (client database system).
- Collaborate with Children’s Services to support children’s progress and complete Family Goal Planning sessions.
- Participate and provide input at staff and committee meetings, as assigned. Engage in strategic discussions involving program admissions and residency.
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure holistic wrap-around support services for families.
- Partner with local agencies to best support families.
- Keep informed of emerging policy issues affecting families served.
- Leverage volunteers and interns to increase organizational capacity.
- Act as a representative of the Jeremiah Program in the greater community.
- Act as campus anchor to support the needs of residents, staff, volunteers, and guests on respective campuses.
Other Duties as Assigned
- All Jeremiah Program employees have mandated reporters and are legally required to ensure a report is made when abuse is observed or suspected.
- BA/BS in education, human services, social work or related field and 3-4 years’ experience working with diverse populations.
- Willingness to obtain knowledge of educational opportunities and community resources including county resources, benefits, and assistance programs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Ability to potentially manage high-stress situations, multiple stakeholders, and make sound decisions independently.
- Ability to work in a team environment, interact with management, direct services staff, and participants.
- Ability to problem-solve, multi-task, complete work on time and work independently.
- Proficiency in computer skills, i.e. Windows, Microsoft and the ability to learn Apricot database and Sharepoint.
- Passion for Jeremiah Program mission and values.
HOW TO APPLY
Jeremiah Program is committed to the recruitment, selection, development, and promotion of employees based on individual merit. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, nationality, age, or disability.
We offer competitive compensation including employer-paid health and dental, life and disability insurance, and generous time off.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online. Please upload a current resume and thoughtful cover letter articulating your interest and fit for the role, including compensation requirements.