(full-time equivalent), Exempt Position
Reports To: Executive Director
Jeremiah Program – Boston is seeking a Family Services Manager that would be responsible for Family Services programming which reflects the Jeremiah mission and encompasses the values, vision, and purpose of the program in a way that is consistent with the standards, policies, and procedures of the Jeremiah Program model.
Responsible for Family Services programming which reflects the Jeremiah mission and encompasses the values, vision, and purpose of the program in a way that is consistent with the standards, policies, and procedures of the Jeremiah Program model. Responsibilities include development and implementation of Family Services programming; supervising and coaching of staff; direct service to program participants, managing the preadmission process and Empowerment training programming and supporting students as they work towards and transition into the program.
* Ensure the development of a program that aligns with its strategic goals: Life Skills and Empowerment Training, Safe and Affordable Housing, Quality Early Childhood Education and Support for Career Track Education.
* Develop and implement policies and procedures for program operations with the Executive Director and the Program and Data Specialist.
* Collaborate with staff and partners to ensure seamless services for Jeremiah families to improve financial accountability for Jeremiah families.
* Serve as data liaison (with Program and Data Specialist) to ensure consistent data collection and use of database systems (Apricot and Volunteer Hub). Ensure utilization of Apricot to monitor program participants’ progress and family services productivity.
* Lead and participate in new initiatives or pilots associated with advancing the mission of the organization in collaboration with the Program and Data Specialist.
* Attend and/or facilitate internal Committee meetings as a contributing member, and community board meetings as appropriate.
* Participate on the Management Team to provide organizational leadership and continuity of program operations and strategic planning.
* Supervise volunteers, including the ongoing monitoring of the quality of work,
* Conduct regular performance evaluations, developing performance improvement plans, coaching, mentoring and training of new hires.
* Leverage volunteers and interns to increase organizational capacity.
B. Direct Services
* Serve as the initial point of contact for prospective applicants.
* Screen applications and determine program eligibility through administering IDA and Preadmissions evaluations.
* Interview applicants to determine program fit and readiness.
* Provide feedback, update as necessary, and implement policies and procedures related to the admissions process.
* Provide and promote confidentiality at all times.
* Maintain efficient, confidential and organized student files.
* Track all relevant applicant/pre-admissions data in Apricot – Jeremiah Program’s client data management system.
* Meet with families weekly or biweekly for coaching, addressing key areas including personal health, education, career development, legal, finances, parenting/child development, and any immediate need resources/referrals.
* Provide crisis intervention and resources/referrals as needed.
* Actively conduct outreach and community presentations at events and community-based organizations to recruit eligible candidates for program enrollment.
C. Program Support
* Implement Empowerment classes based on forecasted program capacity/occupancy needs and ensure that volunteer Empowerment facilitators are supported in their role.
* Organize the student orientation event which proceeds Empowerment.
* Participate and provide input at staff and committee meetings as assigned. Engage in strategic discussions involving program admissions and residency.
* Partner with local high schools, colleges, universities, county agencies and service providers for quality referrals and alternative resources for families.
* Assure planning and execution of special events within the Family Services team.
* Schedule and facilitate team meetings and family goal planning meetings (minimum quarterly) to assist in the advancement of participants’ career, educational and personal goals.
* Ensure coordination of residential leasing per local public housing agency guidelines and apartment maintenance by the property management partner.
* Keep informed of emerging policy issues affecting Family Services including environmental, governmental and community trends.
* Provide crisis intervention as needed to support overall family and campus well-being.
D. Other Duties as assigned
* All Jeremiah Program employees are mandated reporters and are legally required to ensure a report is made when abuse is observed or suspected.
* BA/BS (Master’s degree preferred) in education, human services, social work, or related field and 5-7 years’ experience working with diverse populations.
* Minimum 3 years supervisory skills in the social services field with strong skills in staff supervision, program management, experience preparing and/or monitoring budgets, and implementation of policies and procedures.
* Knowledgeable of MA State social services regulations.
* Experience working with low-income populations, women, and children of color.
* Strong ability to represent the interests of Jeremiah Program, interact effectively with diverse groups and be at ease building successful collaborations with program participants, staff, partners, and stakeholders.
* Thorough knowledge of training and education opportunities in the community, including comprehensive knowledge of community resources.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Certified in First Aid/CPR
* Ability to work in a team environment, interact with management, direct service staff and participants to ensure high-quality service delivery.
* Proficiency in computer skills, i.e. Microsoft Office, SharePoint, and ability to learn the Apricot database.
* Passion for the Jeremiah Program mission and values.
PERSONS OF COLOR ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Please send your resume and (optional) cover letter to with FSM – BOSTON in the subject line.
615 1st Avenue NE
Minneapolis, MN 55413