Jeremiah Program’s national office is seeking a Human Resources Intern that will work directly with the HR team on a wide range of projects related to HR compliance research, policies, and communication.
The Human Resources Intern will work directly with the HR team on a wide range of projects related to HR compliance research, policies, and communication. This internship is designed to be both educational and practical. In this position, the intern will learn how to take skills they have acquired in school related to their particular areas of interest and apply them in a professional setting. They will gain a better understanding of the role that Human Resources plays in a non-profit setting and be better prepared to work in the arena of Human Resources and the non-profit sector. The candidate will have the platform to practice facilitation and presentation skills with staff and volunteers (boards and committees). The candidate will get exposed to daily organization operations by attending organizational meetings. The candidate will also have ample opportunities to network with the programs, finance, and development staff.
A. HR Policy and Compliance Research
• Conduct labor law and regulations research regarding various HR topics
• Present findings and recommendations to the HR Director and other key staff
• Draft new or update policies as needed
• Assist with recruiting process including coordinating the job posting process, candidate management and arranging interviews
• Participate in interviews and provide feedback
• Attend career fairs representing Jeremiah Program, answering questions and networking with interested candidates
• Review and update job descriptions as needed with guidance
• Provide recommendations for HR Intern backfill
• Identify one area of need or a business gap for which you will develop an employee training with the assistance of the HR Director
• Provide recommendations for content, processes and delivery
• Facilitate training content with Jeremiah Program staff
• Solicit feedback on a training program and incorporate changes, additions, and or improvements D. Other
• Provide regular feedback on perceived organizational strengths and weaknesses, along with solutions for improvement
• Assist in the develop employee survey and collect feedback on culture and employee engagement
• Other duties assigned
• Applicants should have a strong passion in HR-related field.
• Students majoring in related studies such as Human Resources, Psychology or Business are preferred.
• Applicants should also have strong professional communication skills including writing and speaking.
• Microsoft Office proficiency is required.
All internships are unpaid. The Human Resources Internship may count toward course credit.
Please send your resume and (optional) cover letter via email at .
615 1st Avenue NE
Minneapolis, MN 55413