About Jeremiah Program
Jeremiah Program offers one of the nation’s most successful strategies for ending the cycle of poverty for single mothers and their children, two generations at a time. Two-generation — or 2Gen — programs uniquely focus on the whole family and to achieve long-term, sustainable results. The approach has been proven to achieve significant educational, health, and economic benefits for parents, children, and communities.
Jeremiah Program is expanding throughout the country to meet the growing demands for its model. The organization has locations in Minneapolis, MN which is also our national office, St. Paul, MN, Austin, TX, Fargo, ND, Rochester-SE, MN, Boston, MA, and Brooklyn, NY.
Learn more about JP and our work here.
In partnership with the Vice President, Talent & Human Resources, carry out the organization’s recruitment strategy and employer branding efforts. Manage full cycle recruiting across the organization, utilize various sourcing tools and networks to ensure JP attracts a talented and diverse pool of candidates for all positions.
Recruitment Process Management
- Develop talent acquisition workflows, processes, and policies in partnership with the HR team.
- Maintain the applicant tracking system: ensure functionality is optimized, update recruitment activities consistently, produce reports, and train users on the use of the system. Run Talent & Recruitment related reports such as time to hire, candidate sources, orientation survey results, and others as requested.
- Design screening questionnaires, exercises, assessments, and other recruitment support tools.
- Develop and maintain accurate and compliant job descriptions.
- Maintain library of interview and reference questions to be used by screeners.
- Recognize unconscious bias and ensure hiring managers maintain fairness throughout the recruitment process.
- Stay abreast of relevant legislation, recommend compliant processes, and train hiring managers and interviewers on appropriate interview and selection criteria.
Talent Sourcing & Acquisition
- Schedule new position intake calls with hiring managers to create hiring plans for each search.
- In collaboration with the hiring manager, review and update job descriptions and identify competencies and qualifications in preparation for search launch.
- Strategically post positions in a variety of job boards, online networks, and social media to ensure vacancy announcements reach a wide and diverse audience.
- Review resumes and application materials, assessing applicants’ knowledge, skills, and experience to select a diverse pool of potentially qualified candidates.
- Conduct interviews and use solid judgment to make talent selection recommendations.
- Handle interview logistics, coordinating candidate, and interviewer schedules to ensure the recruiting process is progressing appropriately.
- Support selection decisions, working closely with the hiring manager and the HR team to develop and negotiate offers.
- Conduct reference checks and liaison with the HR team to ensure a smooth transition of selected candidates from recruitment to onboarding.
- Partner with Vice President, Talent & Human Resources, on employer branding efforts, promoting the organization’s reputation and attractiveness as an employer.
- Develop networks and contacts in sector to build candidate pipelines.
- Create and maintain a calendar of various Talent & Recruitment events in support of staffing forecast.
- Develop language for the website’s careers page, prepare collateral for recruitment events, and ensure current benefit summaries and other materials are available to be provided to candidates.
- Monitor total rewards trends and make recommendations that maintain the organization’s competitive position as an employer.
- Recommend initiatives that continuously improve organization attractiveness as an employer.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field with a development orientation and track record of seeking professional growth
- 7+ years in recruitment function, with 4+ years managing talent acquisition in a nonprofit organization with a strong focus on developing diverse candidate pipelines
- Culturally competent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with diverse groups and build trusting relationships
- Highly organized with the ability to handle all interview logistics, from search launch to offer negotiation
- Excellent interview and talent selection skills that enable the organization to make decisions based on qualifications and cultural fit and avoid unconscious bias.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and HRIS, including applicant tracking systems
- Passion for the Jeremiah Program mission and appreciation of how talent acquisition contributes to the organization’s ability to fulfill its vision and goals
- Solutions-focused and resourceful approach to overcoming challenges
- Ability to work collaboratively with peers and other key stakeholders in person and remotely across local and national teams
HOW TO APPLY
Jeremiah Program is committed to the recruitment, selection, development, and promotion of employees based on individual merit. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, nationality, age, or disability.
We offer competitive compensation including employer-paid health and dental, life and disability insurance and generous time off.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online. Please upload a current resume and thoughtful cover letter articulating your interest and fit for the role, including compensation requirements.