About Jeremiah Program
Jeremiah Program offers one of the nation’s most successful strategies for disrupting the cycle of Poverty for single mothers and their children, two generations at a time. Two-generation — or 2Gen — programs uniquely focus on the whole family and achieve long-term, sustainable results. The approach has been proven to achieve significant educational, health, and economic benefits for parents, children, and communities.
Jeremiah Program is expanding throughout the country to meet the growing demand for its model. The organization currently has locations in Minneapolis, MN, St. Paul, MN, Austin, TX, and Fargo, ND, Rochester-SE, MN, Boston, MA, and Brooklyn, NY, and our national office is in Minneapolis. We will be expanding to additional geographies over the next several years. Learn more about our work here.
Job Summary: Organize and execute accounting, reporting and internal control functions in a timely and accurate manner. Assist Director of Finance in improving policies, procedures, and systems to support a multi-site organization in a manner that reflects the mission and encompasses the values, vision, and purpose of the program. Collaborate with all staff to ensure seamless service delivery for Jeremiah Program.
Month-end Close, Analysis & Reporting
Responsible for accurate and timely completion of assigned month-end tasks, ensuring an eight business day close. Perform analysis and administer reporting. Update procedures and related documentation as needed to ensure the integrity of the general ledger in accordance with GAAP.
- Complete bank and other balance sheet account
- Prepare entries and maintain YTD and other roll-forward reconciliation schedules:
- Raiser’s Edge – Pledge receivable and contributions for assigned locations
- Facilities – Income statement and balance sheet advance accounts for assigned locations
- Monitor accounts receivable, unclaimed checks, and other balance sheet accounts following up with others as needed to minimize write-offs and year-end
- Maintain automated reports in the financial accounting system. Prepare consolidated financial package for Executive Leadership Team (ELT) monthly.
Budget & Forecast
Participate in preparation of annual budget and quarterly forecast. Serve as finance point person for assigned locations, providing strategic oversight and support to budget managers and ensuring timely completion of assigned tasks. Collaborate with finance team for continuous process improvement of the planning process.
- Create budget templates for assigned locations
- Lead budget review meetings with Executive Directors and ELT members.
- Perform analysis and provide planning inputs for select GL accounts.
- Load budget files into financial accounting system.
- Develop planning system process improvements to streamline the planning process.
Serve as system administrator for Intacct (financial accounting software) and Adaptive (planning software) systems. Demonstrate deep understanding of the use of dimensions in Intacct and levels and versions in Adaptive.
- Manage user access and roles – Create new users and troubleshoot user access issues as needed. Ensure proper internal controls and segregation of duties.
- Update company attributes including GL accounts, departments, locations, and other dimensions.
- Create and update reports, leveraging knowledge of company dimensions to provide clear analysis.
- Manage planning versions in Adaptive – Create new versions, lock down completed ones and update planning assumptions.
Serve as finance point person for assigned locations. Provide strategic leadership and support at all points throughout the annual accounting cycle (month-end close, year-end close, budgeting, forecasting).
- Lead monthly financial review meetings with assigned locations.
- Field finance-related questions from campus staff.
- Ensure financial literacy of budget managers by providing recurring trainings and support as needed.
Year-end Close, Audits, 990, & Reporting
Complete year-end audit schedules and perform other year-end activities as needed.
- Submit year-end schedules and other support to auditors according to the
- Provide timely support to external auditors during audit
Other Accounting & Reporting Activities
- Other Annual Reporting – provide support for other annual financial filings as needed (ex. 403B, Escheat, )
- Grants – provide financial support for grant proposals, track time and purpose restricted grants, and provide post-grant support and reporting for funders as
- Payroll reporting – review payroll files and make updates as needed.
- Special Events – revenue/expense reconciliations, & reporting of local events and provide training, support, and tracking tools for assigned locations.
Financial Policies, Records & Systems
Maintain and update financial policies and procedures, general ledger and reporting systems, and filing and record retention in a manner that ensures optimal internal control and overall efficiency and effectiveness, ensuring best practice where possible. Assist Finance Director in developing long-term GL and reporting systems strategy and implementation plan in support of Expansion.
- Financial Policies & Procedures – maintain documentation of all financial policies and procedures updating as needed to improve internal controls and to address unique needs of
- Maintain accounting, audit, tax records, and other reporting according to record retention
- Upgrade current general ledger version and Excel reporting systems as needed to reflect reporting changes and to capitalize on efficiency opportunities.
Other Duties as Assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, finance, math, business administration, or a related field.
- Minimum 4 to 6 years in general accounting experience including reconciliations
- Strong PC skills to include Excel and Word
- Thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Proficient with cloud-based accounting systems
- Detail oriented
- Strong analytical, problem solving & time management skills
- Sound organization skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse styles, cultures and perspectives
- The role is presently virtual with required travel to the Twin Cities as needed.
- Jeremiah Program requires new employees to either (i) present documentary proof of full COVID-19 vaccination prior to the start of employment or (ii) present a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours before the start of employment and consent to routine COVID-19 testing during employment pursuant to Jeremiah Program policies and protocols.
HOW TO APPLY
Jeremiah Program is committed to the recruitment, selection, development and promotion of employees based on individual merit. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or disability.
We offer competitive compensation including employer-paid health and dental, life and disability insurance and generous time off.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online. Please upload a current resume and thoughtful cover letter articulating your interest and fit for the role, including compensation requirements.